As usual, the middle school is a busy place. A few highlights from the first part of January include:
- Working on projects for the Science Fair that is around the corner (February 10).
- Starting an inquiry into the Renaissance by creating a class mural of the Mona Lisa and attending a Science Venture workshop on DaVinci’s Flying Machines at UVic.
- Learning about probability through board games.
- A STEaM Scavenger Hunt in all the galleries at to the Royal BC Museum (awesome!!).
- A little Chef training with the Cooking Program – first dish? Rice Krispie Squares!
- Continue to work with Surf Rider for the Beach Clean–up! They just finished their 4th clean upfor a total of over 1100 pieces of beach garbage to sort and categorize.
Volunteerism continues to be important for the Garry Oak learners with visits to 1Up Single Parent Resource.
Garry Oak is also pleased to welcome Mademoiselle Tristan back for French class every Wednesday and Friday.