Be part of a dedicated, professional team of educators
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
EBS is currently accepting applications for on-call staff including teachers and education assistants. All applications for the list must include a resume, three professional references and documentation of qualifications. EA applicants must provide a current criminal record check.
The vice-principal will contact suitable applicants for a short interview. Please e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit the application as ONE pdf file. The file name should be your FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME. (Please do not title your file “Resume”)
Elizabeth Buckley School
1309 Hillside Avenue
Start Date: June 18, 2018
Overview of school:
Elizabeth Buckley School (EBS) is an independent elementary and middle school with two separate campuses. EBS is Canada’s first STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, math) school. The program offers a 21st-century model of education with a focus on critical thinking and problem solving. Learners engage in experiential learning through inquiry and project-based learning. Classrooms are inclusive and feature universal design for learning so that children with all learning styles can be successful.
1) Proven skills, training and experience in educational leadership
2) Exceptional Human Resources and management leadership experience including:
- hiring, training, managing and evaluating staff
- planning and/or leading professional development opportunities
- knowledge of Employment Standards Act
3) Knowledge of current Marketing opportunities and ability to create and follow through with a marketing plan including:
- Build and manage the school’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target students.
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about school news and other initiatives.
- Create content regularly to grow the school’s footprint
4) A strong understanding of inclusion and proven experience in special education case management including:
- significant training/experience in Special Education
- leading school-based teams
- writing and overseeing implementation of IEPs
- making student referrals and collaborating with specialists
- developing positive behaviour support plans
5) Strong interpersonal communication skills
- demonstrated leadership in developing and maintaining an inclusive positive school culture
- ensuring a smooth flow of communication between multiple stakeholders
- ability to manage student discipline using positive behaviour support strategies
6) Ability to assess classroom compositions and student needs in order to make admission decisions
7) Experience with creating and managing an annual budget
8) A background of at least 5 years of highly successful teaching experience
9) Current BC Teaching Certificate
- Master’s degree in Special Education, Curriculum, Educational Leadership and/or other relevant areas
- Knowledge of STEaM based programs
- Ability to maintain goal of full enrollment
- Develop and nurture a culture of hope and staff appreciation
- Knowledge and practical skills in program development and evaluation
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Knowledge of Independent schools and working with BC Ministry of Education
- Demonstrated understanding of needs and issues in education in general, and particularly those pertaining to students with special needs
- Ability to facilitate organizational change and growth
- Demonstrated flexibility to respond to changing daily demands of a school
- Experience with assistive and educational technologies
To learn more about this exceptional community, please visit us at www.steamschool.ca
Your application package must include a cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references. Please submit the application as ONE pdf file. The file name should be YOUR_NAME. (Please do not title your file “Resume”.)
Submit all resumes to:
HOSC Board of Directors
Application closing date: extended until Wednesday, March 28 @ 4:00pm
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
Start Date: August 27 , 2018
Overview of school:
Elizabeth Buckley Elementary and Middle School is an independent K-8 school located at the Cridge Centre for the Family in Victoria and Downtown at Nootka Court. We are currently hiring an Elementary teacher at the Cridge Centre location.
We are Canada’s first STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, math) school. Our program is based on hands-on, engaging, project-based learning. We offer a 21st-century model of education with a focus on thinking and problem solving. Our classrooms are inclusive and feature universal design for learning so that children with all learning styles and differences can be successful. Our school community is supportive and harmonious and our parents are an integral part of the school. Our staff works collaboratively as a cohesive team. We are looking for an outstanding teacher to join the team immediately. The ideal candidate should be able to cite examples of the following skills and experience in his or her professional practise:
- creation of a classroom environment with differentiated learning to accommodate a wide variety of needs;
- an understanding of STEAM best practices
- integration of cross-curricular units that meet learning outcomes in multiple areas;
- instruction and comfort with both the processes and the content of science within an inquiry learning framework;
- delivery of a hands-on, applied approach in the area of math;
- integration of the arts into the curriculum to enhance learning;
- inclusion of children with special needs (particularly autism) into a classroom setting;
- development and implementation of IEPs and positive behaviour support plans;
- proficiency in using technology (computers, iPads, and SMART Boards) to enhance and differentiate learning;
- ability to maintain an effective professional working relationship within an interdisciplinary team environment;
- excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to relate to students, staff, parents, professionals and other members of the public and to request and convey information in an effective manner;
- a commitment to ongoing professional development;
- consistent professionalism in teaching practises.
The following will be considered an asset:
- ability to teach French as a second language
If you would like to be part of a school that is taking a leadership role in universal design for learning and STEAM education, please submit your application via email to email@example.com by 4:00 pm, Wednesday, March 28.
Your application package must include a cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references. Please submit the application as ONE pdf file. The file name should be your FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME. (Please do not title your file “Resume”) During interviews, candidates will be asked to show a portfolio with examples from their work.